Must Make Way for the King (Parody of Lion King's "Just Can't Wait to Be King")

"Lion King" was my  first (and last) childhood movie, watched with my family (except with my youngest and yet-to-be-born sister), and this is just one of the many songs that keeps bringing me back to my toddler days. Maybe now I can sing it with a biblical mindset to it.

The original song is about Simba and Nala (the little lions) arguing with Zazu (hornbill) concerning Simba's kingship. And from that style, I decided to make a parody concerning John the Baptist and the Jews sent to question him:

Song begins in about 1:05 mark.



Legend:
John the Baptist
Jewish Hypocrites
Chorus 
 _____________________________________

I am the voice that's crying in the wilderness "Prepare!"
Why you're just seen to feed on bees: A quack in camel's hair!

Him after me I am not fit - His sandals to uncord
When he comes up, I'm stooping down
I worked, but He'll do more!

By who's authority do you do these things?
Oh I must make way for the King!

(We've come a long way just to get answers, if you think)

No, I'm not Elias (Nor a descendant)
Nor the Christ, to be heir (But you're sent as...?)
Nor am I the Prophet (Why do you baptize)
Not the One you seek here! (And it's clear!)

I have come to route a way (I definitely doubt)
Sent to straighten up His way

I think it's time that you reply to get a hard report 
Who gave you advice, you brood of vipers to be warned?

If you have no authority, how dare you count us out!
Out of Moses, out of Abraham, and all we brag about (Argh!)

His mind is spinning wildly as he sings

Oh I must make way for the King!

=Instrumental Break=

Everybody repent! Everyone be baptized
Pharisees will look dumb, Sadducees will feel like... (Upset!)

When He repairs the rough and broken things
In fear, the peaks will turn flat on His whim
And all whose seeking God's salvation sing...

I will trust and wait for the King
Oh the Just and Great will be here
Oh I must make way... for the King